Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Safe zones, Summer I, RSS feeds....


The management @ Some Assembly Required is proud to announce that this blog is now a certified safe zone!  If you have any questions or concerns as part of the GLBTA community, have any questions or concerns regarding GLBTA issues, or have a good lead for another outfielder for my fantasy baseball team, please feel free to contact me!....

Summer I started today, and Opening Day for my two courses are tomorrow: COMM 220 (Intro to Mass Communication) and COMM 396 (Mass Communication Theory & Research).  After this semester, the term "mass communication" will be little more than a foil for the term "media studies," which personally makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.  Both classes will be blogging, so I am hoping to get a little traffic from BSC folks (though I LOVE LOVE LOVE hearing from friends and family far afield, make no mistake!).  This is the second summer I've had students blog--I'm looking forward to getting feedback from new cohorts.  And, of course, it's always a blast for me to read what you all are doing as well--I love how I can click on your response to me and see your own blog.  (Geez, I sound all saucer-eyed, but it's a beautiful thing!)...

 Finally, check the RSS feeds I've installed on the bottom of the blog.  I will try to add different stuff as I go this term, but with AABS coming up this week, it is indeed right and salutary that we have feeds from both the English-language weekly The Baltic Times and the Lithuanian daily Lietuvos rytas.  Ask me how to add RSS feeds to your blog or webpage (hint: painfully simple)!

No comments: