Sunday, March 2, 2008

March Madness!

Snow turns to sleet turns to rain....and today there's sun and we're all supposed to pretend that none of that weather earlier this weekend ever happened. I am soooooooo ready for spring.

Which leads me to today's topic. Part of what got me through this latest bout of my when-will-winter-end blues was listening to the Red Sox play the Twins on Friday night. Baseball on the radio--all is right in the universe!

I think I'm going to sign up for the MLB audio package again this year--for $15, you get audio streams of all baseball games, including archived stuff. The video streams are a little rich for my blood, and I'll be fine with the audio. This way I keep tabs on the Twins, the Indians, and (let's be honest) my fantasy baseball players all around the country.

There's a comment starter for you: anyone play fantasy baseball? With whom, and for how long? I will announce another baseball-related retro-frenzy in this space here shortly, but in the meantime, here's Tommy Lasorda doing his darndest to be a role model to all the kiddies out there!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never got into the fantasy sports leagues. I didnt understand them when my friends first started and now I dont have the time/ motivation to get into them. It seems like a pretty cool hobby for hard-core sports enthusiests tho...

Phendy said...

I never got into baseball fantasy because of the long season. Baseball players play over 150 games for the season compare to football 16 and basketball 82 games. I’m not really into baseball until the Yanks play the Sox and until the playoffs starts because that’s when it gets very interesting to me. An audio package sound like a great deal to me. I would do it for basketball. Good luck to the Twins this season Bjorn.