Sunday, February 10, 2008

Gratuitous mix lists!

It's getting close to 20 years ago, but at one time I too was a senior in college. Trying to sort out my senior seminar, going to NCUR (got Ray Bradbury's autograph!), spring break in Texas, ignoring the job market come May, the whole bit. Anyhow, I came came across a mixtape (D90, go!) I made that final spring at Gustavus, circa 1991. Here's the "set list":

*****SIDE A*****
"Soon"--My Bloody Valentine
"Fall"--The Darling Buds
"Dennis & Lois"--Happy Mondays
"Opportunity"--The Charlatans
"Been Caught Stealing"--Jane's Addiction
"International Bright Young Thing"--Jesus Jones
"Harold & Joe"--The Cure
"Sweetness & Light"--Lush
"Heaven or Las Vegas"--Cocteau Twins
"Bloodline"--Ultra Vivid Scene
*****SIDE B*****
"What is Love?"--Deee-Light
"Pro-Gen"--Shamen
"Tomorrow Never Knows"--Danielle Dax
"One of Our Girls Has Gone Missing"--A.C. Marias
"Of These, Hope"--Peter Gabriel
"Paper Dolls"--Innocence Mission
"Night & Day"--U2
"Love"--The Dream Academy
"Looking for Atlantis"--Prefab Sprout
"Been There Done That"--Brian Eno / John Cale
"The Moon in the Man"--David J
"Disappearer"--Sonic Youth

Geez, that was long. My idea was to post a list I did last month to compare and contrast, but why don't I let you all join in? What sets have you done recently? Or for that matter, in the distant past? Is this microphone on?

BTW, my email inbox is winning. I don't even want to run the numbers. It's sad.

No comments: