Friday, December 11, 2015

Who am I? Take 2: I am a father.

One of the things we did to celebrate my birthday yesterday was go to a local library to celebrate the completion of our having logged 1000 books read to DH. It took a few takes, but his picture in now hanging in the "Hall of Fame" of Mashpee's kids' section. Pretty great.

We went out for dinner as well to celebrate yesterday evening. What we order is, in part, a strategic hedge on what DH will eat himself for dinner--though it turns out he was all about those salty chicken fingers after all. And those fries. Oh dear.

I have 1000 pictures I would love to share with you.

But I feel more and more ambivalent about posting any of them. Still, every now and then, I can't help myself. But maybe not tonight.

Tonight: though I actually got home from school with the sun still up, the post-nap snack routine kept us from getting out the door until the sun was well down. But no matter--we were swinging at the canal, inky night or no inky night. Alas, no evening canal traffic for us...but we got to visit all the giants on 6A as we meandered home.

We are SO lucky to have "Dom" in our life. So so lucky.

Blessed? Sure. OK.

Blessed.

No comments: