Friday, June 3, 2011

Day 3: Oh yeah!



30-DAY FILM CHALLENGE, DAY 3:

A film I watch to feel good...

Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986)


When I was actually in high school in the 80s, I actually was kind of annoyed by Ferris--I remember sympathizing more with his buddy Cameron. (Come to think of it, I kept rooting for Ducky in Pretty in Pink... there's a trend here, I'm afraid...)


So 25 years later, though I still have never lived in Chicago, and I have to acknowledge the questionable racial politics of John Hughes (here and elsewhere--Long Duck Dong anyone?), I will always pull up a seat if this one appears on cable.


It's innocent and playful in a way that I seem to not have appreciated at the time...

1 comment:

ngray said...

My husband and I have seen this movie several times. It is pretty funny in a very strange way. Watching it now reminds me of the 80's. The clothing, and the music, the cars and even the hair do's. It kind of reminds in a way of a sitcom I grew up watching called "Saved by the Bell".