Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Dispatch from Starbucks

It's time to jump-start the blog again this fall--having absorbed the initial blow of the Fall 2010 semester, and still standing, let's get back on the proverbial horse. And what better way to do so than to talk a bit about my new "remote office"....Starbucks.

I know, I know. Really. I know. What I wouldn't do to have Bentley's transported over here from Tucson!

But what can I tell you? Local coffee shops in Plymouth roll up the welcome mat at 6pm. Starbucks is open until 9, which is at least better. And then there's wi-fi. Check out the page that pops up once you agree to the Terms of Use! Play along at home!

So yeah: wi-fi. Email, Blackboard, even fantasy football managing ("no, I'm not interested in trading Aaron Rogers to you for Michael Vick, but thanks for asking!"). Blogging too, apparently--once I'm so moved. After about a week of listening to the piped-in music (seemingly a rotation of tracks from discs they are selling, though I'm not totally sure), I'm back to using MySpace for streaming records (right now? Happy Monday's Hallelujah [1990]). I'm even using the time to screen DVDs for classes, like the Criterion Collection release of El Norte (1983) for my Foundations of Media Studies course...

No comments: